Fitted for Work provides individual online and face to face mentoring support to women participating in our Woman to Woman training program.
The mentor program exists to provide support and positive role modelling to enable mentees to:
- prepare resumes and job applications;
- practice for job interviews;
- develop skills and competencies;
- establish career goals; and
- gain increased feelings of self-worth and accomplishment.
The mentor program provides the mentee with:
- an increased ability to support mentees in dealing with the challenges of preparing for and gaining and maintaining employment;
- opportunities to contribute to the life of another; and
- a network of mentor peers
"Important mentor qualities include authenticity. Being completely present in the conversation. Being able to share your story too given your mentee is sharing their very personal situation with you.”
Read Leigh and Lynette's story here.
Important mentor qualities include authenticity.
"Being a mentor is an enjoyable and fulfilling commitment."
Requirements of Mentors
- Attendance at training sessions: 12 hours over 4 weeks (usually held on weekday evenings);
- Attendance at a group Mentor/Mentee introduction session to be held during business hours;
- Capacity to be available to support mentees for a minimum of six months and up to twelve months (but it may extend beyond this);
- A minimum of one hour face to face contact with mentees per month, at a mutually agreeable venue and time;
- Ability to maintain contact via email, phone, etc. in between face to face contacts;
- Commitment to periodically participate in Mentor support sessions with the wider Fitted for Work Mentor group;
- Commitment to participate in feedback and reporting processes to the relevant Fitted for Work Manager;
- A National Police Check is mandatory for all mentors and a voluntary contribution of $120 will be asked to offset costs associated with delivering the training and running the police check. Payment can be made via the Trybooking link when registering for the program; and
- An Expression of Interest form can be found Volunteer Expression of Interest and emailed to the relevant manager in Melbourne or Parramatta.
For more information please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
“There is no development strategy more beneficial to society as a whole - women and men alike - than the one which involves women as central players.”
- Kofi Annan