Technical Support Engineer
Location: Sydney, NSW
Work Type: Full-Time
Contact: Liz Trewhella, She Works Manager (03) 8842 2954
Requirements: see below
Applications close: APPLY NOW! Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria, we encourage you to consider applying.
About the Role:
Fitted for Work’s She Works team are recruiting for a driven and curious Technical Support Engineer for an Employer Partner in Sydney. You will be working within the team as the first point of contact for merchants across the globe, working with multiple teams, such as Sales, Account Management and (Product) Development. You’ll have autonomy in your role and ownership to improve and speak up, and – hopefully – have a lot of fun while doing it.
What you’ll do
- Provide customers with all the help and instruments they need in order for them to successfully take payments anywhere in the world.
- Be a key source of knowledge on the company’s platform and APIs, the underlying web-stack technologies, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices.
- Support merchant technical personnel, leveraging knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot technical problems and create the best possible merchant experience.
- Advise merchants regarding the best implementation practices and address specific merchants’ issues.
- Serve as a feedback loop for the organisation by gathering merchants’ feedback, evaluating merchant needs, and communicating these to the product teams.
- You’re able to troubleshoot technical problems, read application logs and find solutions to complex errors.
- You love to provide assistance to others via phone, web-based tools or email, and to be regarded as a technical expert.
- You love to learn new things, be it product, technology or process and are quickly able to adapt them into your work flows.
- You get a sense of achievement from solving problems, and from helping people; a great customer experience is at the heart of what you do.
- You can work independently, and you have a proven record of learning or working with technology that interests you.
- You’re a team player, and foster knowledge and information sharing with others by updating documentation or reporting bugs.
- You’re driven, an enthusiastic collaborator, and ready to give and receive feedback.
- You make quick, but informed decisions, even under pressure and can prioritise tasks appropriately based on urgency or necessity.
- You have experience with, or a keen interest in, internet technologies and technical processes – think for example web or application development, writing scripts or coding in PHP, Python or Java.
- You have the ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent relationship skills, culturally aware, adjust your communication style to audiences).
- You’re fluent in English. For non-native English speakers: you need to prove you have full professional or bilingual proficiency.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria, we encourage you to consider applying. Please email your Resume to [email protected] or call the She Works team and speak with Liz or Sharon on (03) 8842 2954.
Photo by christina-wocintechchat-com-p0qKsW3uqA4-unsplash