POS Support Engineer
Location: Sydney, NSW
Work Type: Full-Time
Contact: Liz Trewhella, She Works Manager (03) 8842 2954
Requirements: see below
Applications close: APPLY NOW! Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria, we encourage you to consider applying.
About the Role:
Fitted for Work’s She Works team are recruiting for a curious and driven Point-of-Sale (POS) Support Engineer for an Employer Partner in Sydney. You will be working within the team as the first point of contact for merchants across the globe, working with multiple internal teams to solve merchants’ problems. The team is extremely customer-focused, highly motivated and thrives on shared success. They also have a strong relationship with development in order to facilitate constant product improvement. They are an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. You’ll have autonomy in your role and ownership to improve and speak up, and – hopefully – have a lot of fun while doing it.
What you’ll do
Your goal is to provide their merchant base with expert, accurate, and timely advice and support when they need it, in order to successfully accept payments in all their retail locations around the world. Your challenge will be remotely identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting and solving both hardware and software issues on a range of different devices.
This means working directly with merchants’ (technical) teams, or working with internal teams such as the operational support team, project managers, and account managers. This could also include proactively providing IT training on the POS product to these stakeholders.
Your work will be both varied and impactful – you could be helping a customer to set up new stores on their platform, configuring new terminal functionalities on the back end, or reviewing logs and troubleshooting integration issues between the merchant’s POS software and payment technology. Internally, you could be working with the product teams to justify a change that makes a functionality more efficient, reproducing live issues on in-house terminals, or updating internal documentation to help your colleagues. As such, what you do will have a direct impact on merchant’s ability to accept payments and expand their business.
- You’re able to troubleshoot technical problems, read application logs and find solutions to complex errors
- You love to provide assistance to others via phone, web-based tools or email, and to be regarded as a technical expert.
- You love to learn new things, be it product, technology or process and are quickly able to adapt them into your work flows.
- You get a sense of achievement from solving problems, and from helping people; a great customer experience is at the heart of what you do.
- You can work independently, and you have a proven record of learning or working with technology that interests you.
- You’re a team player, and foster knowledge and information sharing with others by updating documentation or reporting bugs.
- You’re driven, an enthusiastic collaborator, and ready to give and receive feedback.
- You make quick, but informed decisions, even under pressure and can prioritise tasks appropriately based on urgency or necessity.
- You’re capable of abstract thinking, being able to solve a puzzle that isn’t directly in front of you, separating the layers of software, hardware and internal systems.
- You have experience with, or a keen interest in, internet technologies and technical processes – think for example writing scripts or coding in PHP, Python or Java.
- You have the ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent relationship skills, culturally aware, adjust your communication style to audiences).
- You’re fluent in English. For non-native English speakers: you need to prove you have full professional or bilingual proficiency.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria, we encourage you to consider applying. Please email your Resume to [email protected] or call the She Works team and speak with Liz or Sharon on (03) 8842 2954.
Photo by christina-wocintechchat-com-p0qKsW3uqA4-unsplash