Work with Metro Trains as a Leading Station Assistant!
At Metro, we get you where you need to go. Connecting people and places is made possible by our people who make a positive difference to every journey. Since 2009, Metro proudly continues to operate and maintain a world-class train service and network through to delivering significant transport projects that will shape how Melbourne moves.
We strive to reflect the community we serve and support the needs of our people who are critical to our success. With Zero Harm at the foundation of everything we do, we want everyone to get home safely.
At Metro, we are one team, united in our purpose of connecting and shaping a better Melbourne. We believe in fostering an environment where your skills, talents, and aspirations can thrive. We look forward to supporting you as you plan the next chapter of your career at Metro.
Work Type: Permanent Part-Time / Full Time positions available
Contact: Therese Bizas, She Works Program 03 8842 2954
- Pre-screening of all applications for medical and psychometric testing
- Availability to work on a seven-day rotating roster, including weekend night shifts, with a minimum 40 hours per fortnightto support our 24/7 service delivery. In return we’ll provide you with excellent conditions, training and support in an industry with endless opportunities.
- Own transportation – Car preferred.
Applications close: Ongoing applications, intake, and training at intervals.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Entry level into the Rail Industry with full training provided completing your Cert III in Customer Service – RAIL
Metro Trains Melbourne’s Passenger Experience Division has opportunities for people focused individuals to join their team in the role of Station Assistant. Key tasks include:
- Provide general assistance to passengers boarding train services.
- Assist passengers to board and disembark trains safely.
- Make clear and confident platform announcements over the public announcement system.
- Oversee station gate lines and coordinate ticketing barrier operations during peak travel times and/or special events.
- Assist passengers with the correct use of the MYKI ticketing systems.
- Answer ticketing, train and general enquires.
- Provide accurate travel information to passengers.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the station premises and report any issues to the Station Master
- More information in u tube Station Assistant – 2021 Campaign – YouTube
Click below to access the full Position Description:
- Ideally you will have customer service experience
• Safety awareness aptitude
• Understanding of the importance of policies and procedures
• Strong communication skills
• Enjoy being part of a wider team and are also happy working independently
• Are available to work shifts outside normal working hours, including weekends and public holidays
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
At Metro, we know that at the heart of our Network are our people. As a Metro employee, the following benefits will be available to you:
- Paid training and accreditation – through our own RTO, Metro Academy
- Competitive hourly rate
- Free Public Transport (myki Card)
- Supportive team environment and Work/ Life balance
- Various wellness initiatives
- Paid Parental Leave
Please email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] or call the She Works team and speak with Therese on 03 8842 2954.