Freight Industry Training Project – become a Heavy Vehicle Driver
No experience necessary
Get paid to train as a Heavy Vehicle Driver in the Freight Industry!
Apply now and secure your training spot
On completion of training be connected to permanent Full-Time job placement!
Work Type: Permanent Full-Time Paid Placement for 12mths upon completion of training.
Salary: $27.00 p/hr during paid training period.
Contact: Therese Bizas, She Works Program, (03) 8842 2954.
- No experience necessary
- Do you possess a Full Australian Driver’s Licence with a good driving record?
- Hold a valid working visa, permanent residency status or are an Australian citizen?
- Believe yourself to be medically fit to perform the functions of a Heavy Vehicle Driver?
- Have availability to attend 11 days of full-time, paid, training?
Applications close: Apply Now! Program ends June 2023.
About the Role:
She Works Employment Partner, Department of Transport is recruiting now for Heavy Vehicle Driver training and program opportunities across Melbourne.
She Works are seeking candidates interested in beginning a permanent, full-time career in Heavy Vehicle Driving and obtaining a HGV Licence that will lead to a permanent job placement.
No experience necessary, fully paid training provided, with multiple positions available across Melbourne.
You will be responsible for driving a heavy vehicle and ensuring all deliveries or collections are made in full and on time in a safe and ‘low risk’ manner. This will also require strict adherence to all road rules and regulations.
You will also be expected to accurately complete and sign daily run sheets or electronically generated documentation and return all documentation to site within required timeframes.
- To be successful, you must be committed to safety and available to attend required training.
- You will have good attention to detail and possess the ability to work independently, as well as part of a larger team.
- You will have a positive attitude, great communication skills, and be self-motivated.
We encourage you to APPLY NOW – recruitment is ongoing and all applications will be processed immediately.
Simply contact Therese, She Works Program on (03) 8842 2954 [email protected] to find out how to apply!