Work with Transdev as a Customer Service Officer!
At Transdev, we believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day to day work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
The Light Rail Customer Service Officer (CSO) is responsible for providing outstanding customer service information and to encourage far compliance for all our customers. The CSO must comply with the key organisational policies, procedures and work instructions in such a way to optimise the standard of service delivered to our passengers and to assist TDS meet its customer service and fare compliance obligations to its Principle. The Customer Service Officer is a Category 3 Rail Safety Worker. National criminal records check is required.
Work Type: Full time 38 hours per week, on a 5 day rotating roster. Must be available weekends and public holidays operating hours within a 5am to 10pm roster.
Contact: Therese Bizas, She Works Program, (03) 8842 2954.
Applications close: Apply Now!
About the Role:
- Providing customer services including passenger information and aid to mobility imparired customers
- Undertaking crowd control duties during busy periods or special events.
- Ensuring passenger and staff safety is maintained at all times by following procedures and reporting unsafe conditions
- Monitoring and assisting the distribution of brochures and other associated marketing & customer information materials.
Revenue Collection (Support)
- Encourage that Opal Cards customers have followed the correct validating procedure
- Implementing and support the application of fare evasion policies.
Quality Safety Risk
- Contributing to the maintainance of a work environment which is safe with minimal risk to TDS employees, contractors and the travelling public.
- Being responsible and accountable for ensuring work activities are carried out in a way which is environmentally responsible
- Be aware of responsibilities related to WHS, Rail Safety and other legislation and regulatory requirements, and:
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformance related to WHS, rail safety and other regulatory requirements;
- Identify and report problems relating to product, process and WHS, rail safety and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all activities comply with relevant Acts, legal requirements, safe-working procedures and ethical standards.
Other duties and responsibilities may be required as determined with your manager from time to time
- Performing any other task as directed by the Team Leader Customer Service and Revenue Protection or Duty Controller relating to the safe and effective operation of the System and/or the delivery of customer service.
- Acting in a professional manner and ensure customers and work colleagues are treated with respect.
- Assisting Light Rail Vehicle driver(s) during an incident.