Work with Transdev as a Light Rail Vehicle Driver (LRVD)!
At Transdev, we believe public transport plays an important part in how a city comes to life. Our day to day work influences our families, friends and future generations where they live, work and play.
Operating on the frontline, Transdev Drivers and Ferry Masters are passionate about getting their customers to their destination on time, every time, safely and comfortably. It’s work that’s rewarding, varied and enables you to make a difference to the lives of the community you serve.
- Full training provided – get paid from day one!
- Financial support to gain license qualifications
- Flexible shift rotation patterns to suit your personal circumstances
- Work with a world-leader in the operation of passenger transport services
Work Type: Full time 38 hours per week, on 5 day rotating roster, must be available weekends and public holidays operating hours within a 22 hours of operation 4am to 2am.
Contact: Therese Bizas, She Works Program, (03) 8842 2954.
Applications close: Apply Now!
About the Role:
- Operating a Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) in accordance with the Light Rail Operating Manual.
- Controling the safe entry and exit of passengers at stops.
- Making regular announcements during normal operations and service interruptions.
Safety and Compliance
- Identifying and report any equipment or infrastructure failures
- Check to ensure all safety equipment are in place and functional
- Ensure passenger and staff safety is maintained at all times by following procedures and reporting unsafe conditions
- Ensure that work activities are carried out in a way which is environmentally responsible
- Performing pre service and post service inspection of an assigned L.R.V. including but not limited to safety related devices, general appearance and cleanliness
- Adhering to routine and emergency procedures as defined, as and when required
- Attending to any initial cleaning requirements
- Complying with and having knowledge of Network Rules, Driver’s Handbook, Line Manual and Vehicle Manual.
- Reporting for duty free from drugs and alcohol.
- Being in possession of and continuing to hold a valid NSW or Interstate Drivers Licence Class C.
- Acting in a professional manner and ensure customers and work colleagues are treated with respect.
- Dealing with passenger complaints by passing relevant details to the Duty Controller
- Following the duties and responsibilities of a CSO when required.
- Understanding the TDS Environmental Policy and their responsibilities under the Policy.
- Following all environmental policies and procedures as outlined in the ALTRAC Operations Phase Environmental and Sustainability Plan (OPESP)
- Understanding and carrying out Environmental Responsibilities and Accountabilities in accordance with OPESP.
Quality Safety Risk
- Contributing to maintaining a work environment which is safe and with minimal risk to TDS employees, contractors and the travelling public.
- Be aware of responsibilities related to WHS, Rail Safety and other legislation and regulatory requirements, and:
- Initiating actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformance related to WHS, rail safety and other regulatory requirements;
- Identifying and report problems relating to product, process and WHS, rail safety and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all activities comply with relevant Acts, legal requirements, safe-working procedures and ethical standards.
Other duties and responsibilities may be required as determined with your manager from time to time
- Performing any other tasks as directed by the Duty Controller and Driver Team Leader relating to the safe and effective operation of the Network and the delivery of customer service
- Valid and current unrestricted licence for at least 5 years and incurred no more than 6 demerit points
- A copy of the driving history via ServiceNSW
- Medical check – category 1 – Experience and Qualifications
- Year 12 or equivalent and/or demonstrated work experience
- NSW or Interstate Driver’s License Class C and a minimum of 5 years driving experience on full license (not including Learners / Provisional)
- Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts including nights and weekends
- Demonstrated experience working in a team, under limited supervision or autonomously.
- Ability to undertake intensive on-job training to be certified as a Rail Safety worker and Light Rail Vehicle Driver
- Demonstrated ability to manage difficult situations calmly and effectively
- Previous experience in delivering quality customer service
- Ability to deal with customer complaints
- Demonstrated experience at communicating with broad range of stakeholders across the organisation.